Trump Issues Fresh Warning to Iran Amid Internet Cut with Deadly Nationwide Protests

President of the United States, Donald Trump has issued another warning to Iran’s leadership as anti government protests continues to spread across the country, with the Iran authorities responding by cutting internet access to reduce the chaos.

Multiple videos and reports from rights groups indicate that the protest have further intensified over the past two weeks, with dozens of deaths recorded.

Speaking on Friday, Trump, who threatened the Iranian government that the U.S. could intervene over the killing of protesters, cautioned Tehran against using force on protesters.

“You better not start shooting because we’ll start shooting too,” he said, adding that he hoped demonstrators would remain safe amid what he described as a highly dangerous situation. “I just hope the protesters in Iran are going to be safe, because that’s a very dangerous place right now.”

Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, responded saying he would not back down and accused protesters for acting on behalf of the foreign oppositions groups and the United States. A public prosecutor also warned that those involved in violence could face the death penalty.

Iran’s communications ministry confirmed that the nationwide internet shutdown was ordered by security authorities due to prevailing conditions. The blackout has led to limited information coming out of the country, disrupted phone connections, and flight cancellations between Iran and other countries

Reports says at least 62 people, including protesters and security personnel, have been killed since demonstrations began late last month.

European leaders from France, Britain and Germany condemned the deaths and urged Iranian authorities to show restraint, while the United Nations expressed deep concern over the loss of life and reaffirmed the right to peaceful protest.

U.N. spokesperson Stephane Dujarric said “People anywhere in the world have a right to demonstrate peacefully, and governments have a responsibility to protect that right and to ensure that that right is respected.”

Scenes broadcast on state TV showed burning vehicles, damaged banks and metro stations, while verified videos captured large crowds marching in Tehran, with some openly calling for the overthrow of the leadership. Similar protests were reported in cities including Shiraz, Mashhad and Zahedan, where gunfire reportedly wounded several protesters.

Despite repeated crackdowns in the past, including during the 2022 “Woman, Life, Freedom” protests, many observers say the current unrest reflects a new level of frustration within Iranian society, raising questions about how the crisis will ultimately be resolved.

Please Kindly Share the Story